Friday, September 05, 2008

Fashion After 50 Launch

A free fashion archetype quiz is now available on my website, Fashion After 50. Until there is enough traffic to hire a information technologist to make the quiz interactive, you'll have to use pencil and paper. It is based on my several years of reading about Jungian archetypes and goddess archetypes. I'd love to know how accurate you find the archetypes so that I can fine-tune them.

The website is about how to dress attractively after we reach a certain age, as the French so refreshingly term older females.

There is a lot more work to be done on FashionAfter50.com. I am trying to figure out how to integrate a blog that will feature photos of attractive older women. Do you know how hard it is to find stock photos of older women for sale online? Fuggetaboutit. Even though I have written some scholarly analysis about the absence of older women from popular culture, even I was astonished at thoroughly all sign of us is erased every place but the AARP monthly magazine.

I was not planning on making Fashion After 50 a place for political expression, but my first entry is about Cindy McCain's $300,000 Republican National Convention outfit. Sigh. You can count on not finding any expensive designer togs touted by Fashion After 50.


1 comment:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, you think over 50 is bad! just wait till you start looking at over 75! Shawls and clumpy shoes, that's over 75 fashion! It's amazing how the older you get the less there is for you to connect with. Talk about being out of the loop! That has been the good thing about blogging, at least there are a lot more of us.
Fun post!