Friday, April 18, 2008

Eat More Ice Cream, Forget Diet Programs

Special K cereal is advertising a swimsuit challenge. It’s guaranteed that if you use their product for two weeks, you will lose an inch off your waistline. I’m pretty sure that even if I lose an inch off my waistline, I am not going to look like the model wearing the red bikini in the television spot.

Oddly, I don’t care as much as I used to about these things. There is something maladjusted about a woman of a certain age who thinks she has to look like a 20-something fashion model. We’ve known for decades that fashion models have bodies that do not even look human, if what one means by human is the median female body.

Swimsuit challenges abound right now, connected with promotions for various diet and exercise plans. Try Googling the term and see what comes up. Then go enjoy a nice bowl of ice cream
.

2 comments:

MizMell said...

I'm all for the ice cream!

Anonymous said...

What I hate is allowing myself to be manipulated into believing thin is beautiful. Look at the women in paintings of the 16th and 17th Centuries. Their fat was rippling. What happened to us? I'm a victim, but I see no cure. . . Other than the ice cream.
Eil.